[LAU] Drum samples

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Wed Aug 27 16:16:44 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 09:55:51PM +0200, Anders Dahnielson wrote:

> LS doesn't have internal effects yet (but there will be LADSPA support in
> the future -- I think), so you need to add reverb and other
> effects/processing in the program you record and mix with.

Things like reverb really have to fit in with whatever type
ambience is created in the mix. Having reverb on the samples,
while maybe convenient in simple cases, can just make that
impossible. So I'd urge anyone contributing sample libraries
to keep them as clean as possible - they will be more useful
that way.

Ciao,

--
FA