[LAU] [ANN] Qtractor 0.2.1 (fainty diva) released!

Stephen Doonan stephen.doonan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 11:31:56 EDT 2008

Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
(regarding Qtractor instrument definition files)

> google for "cakewalk instrument definition files" ?

I see. You use the same files/file-format as Cakewalk and Sonar. That's
great. That means that a lot of MIDI tone generators have already been
described as an .ins file. In fact, I found all of my several MIDI tone
generators' .ins files at the following location, if this may help
anyone else:

CakeWalk.net Instrument Definitions
http://www.cakewalknet.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=48

> the user manual it's still in its 0.1.x
> draft, being the work of one great volunteer to date, Jim Laco Hines.
>
> however, Jim had been very busy and a very, terrible stormy summer, to
> say the least.
>
> maybe you can offer to help him?

Although I currently know very little about Qtractor, I could probably
help with spelling, grammar, removing ambiguity and phrasing things
clearly--typical editor-type work. I've done quite a lot of picky
editing in the past, having worked in the printing industry and having
friends and family members who are writers.

So yes, I can certainly try to help edit the Qtractor manual, if you and
Jim would like that. :-)

Steve