[LAU] [ANN] Qtractor 0.2.1 (fainty diva) released!

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Sat Aug 30 06:05:11 EDT 2008

Stephen Doonan wrote:
> Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>> Howdy! Vacation time is now gone and the rentrée is upon us, at least on
>> this hemisphere side of the globe ;) Silly season, beloved August,
>> summertime it is. And before it's too late, I'm proud
>> to announce that a new alpha has summoned to the challenge:
>>
>>    Qtractor 0.2.1 (fainty diva) has been released!
>

> Qtractor is beautiful and looks very well designed. Is there a location
> where each of the following can be obtained?
>
> * Documentation about how to write an .ins (Instrument definition) file

google for "cakewalk instrument definition files" ?

e.g.:

- How to Write a Sonar Instrument Definition .ins file
   http://www.tweakheadz.com/how_to_build_a_cakewalk_ins_file.htm

- Creating Cakewalk Instrument Definitions
   http://www.raisedbar.net/InsDef.htm

- Cakewalk Instrument Definitions
   ftp://ftp.cakewalk.com/pub/InstrumentDefinitions/

> * The Qtractor user manual in its latest draft form

that's unfortunately correct. the user manual it's still in its 0.1.x
draft, being the work of one great volunteer to date, Jim Laco Hines.

however, Jim had been very busy and a very, terrible stormy summer, to
say the least.

maybe you can offer to help him?

> Thank you so much Rui for creating such a promising application. :-)

thanks.

seeya
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela