[LAU] rythmbox breaks jack connection after each track

Chris Hallinan challinan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 15:37:56 EST 2008

With help from users on this list, I finally got my Ubuntu 8.04
installation playing audio through my Edirol FA-101 into my studio
amp, etc.

However, Rythmbox only shows up in Jack's connections dialog after the
"Play" function has been invoked.  At the completion of each track,
the connections are removed, and while Rythmbox continues to play, no
audio is heard until I manually connect Rythmbox to again to my
playback device.

Is there a way to make this connection persistent?  I don't see this
behavior with other apps, such as rosegarden or ardour.

Thanks,

Chris

--
Life is like Linux - it never stands still
http://www.embeddedlinuxprimer.com