[LAU] rythmbox breaks jack connection after each track

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Tue Dec 2 18:32:37 EST 2008

On Tuesday 02 December 2008 15:37:56 Chris Hallinan wrote:
> With help from users on this list, I finally got my Ubuntu 8.04
> installation playing audio through my Edirol FA-101 into my studio
> amp, etc.
>
> However, Rythmbox only shows up in Jack's connections dialog after the
> "Play" function has been invoked.  At the completion of each track,
> the connections are removed, and while Rythmbox continues to play, no
> audio is heard until I manually connect Rythmbox to again to my
> playback device.

I am not seeing this exact behavior. Similar, but without the problems. I get
the removed connections between tracks as you say, but when the subsequent
track begins playing, the connections are made again.

JACK Audio Connection Kit - Qt GUI Interface

Version: 0.3.2
Build: Feb 8 2008 04:48:37

Rhythmbox 0.11.5

I basically never use rhythmbox so this is the way it works for me out of the
box.

> Is there a way to make this connection persistent?  I don't see this
> behavior with other apps, such as rosegarden or ardour.

If you can't get results in any other way, try the patchbay in qjackctl
perhaps...

> Thanks,
>
> Chris

all the best,