[LAU] Pre-configured Linux Audio laptop for US$499 gets some ink

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 08:24:45 EST 2008

On Wednesday 03 December 2008 03:06 am, Giso Grimm wrote:
> In my tests both used SSD (the Asus an SSD and additional SD card),
and
> the lid was closed. The Acer battery says
>
> 11.1 V, 2400 mAh, 45 Wh (well, if I multiply capacity and voltage I
get
> 26.6 Wh)

I should know more about batteries but I wonder if there is some sort of
phenomena that limits the current output--what I mean is, maybe the
peak current output is 2400 mAh, but maybe it can do that (or some
fraction of that on sort of a decreasing curve) for more than 1 hour?

Of course, the counterexample to that would be a dead short on the
battery, which I'm quite certain will draw more than 2400 mAh.  But
even then, after a brief dead short followed by a rest, won't the
battery recover and be able to deliver some more power (assuming the
battery is not destroyed by the dead short).

I should do some googling, but I can't commit to having the time, atm.

> Asus Eee PC 700:
>
> 7.4 V, 5200 mAh (this should be 38.5 Wh)

Randy Kramer
--
I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I created a video
instead.--with apologies to Cicero, et.al.