[LAU] disabled onboard soundcard - uninstall drivers?

Ludo Beckers lazylew at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 17:19:41 EST 2008

(Ubuntu Hardy)
Having problems with my new soundcard Audigy (Creative Soundblaster) with
recording through the microphone. Playback for .wav, ogg, etc. works good.
I can't record in Sound Recorder nore Audacity nore use it with Skype.

The Volume Control is a mystery to me because there are too many strange
meaningless names (LFE and "front end" and much more).

I disabled the onboard soundcard in the BIOS, but read something on Google
about disabling the drivers for it too might be a good idea.

How do I find which and where those drivers are? and does it make a
difference uninstalling them?