[LAU] : Netjack : like a charm :)

Mysth-R mysthr21 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 04:09:19 EST 2008

2008/12/10 David Adler <david.jo.adler at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> >> * So the problem was seq24 on the slave machine was running at this own
> >> tempo. If the master use 120BPM and the Slave 110, they are not
> >> synchronized. But if you put 120 on both, it seems to be synchronized...
> >> Well I think there is a bug in seq24 or something. I didn't try with
> other
> >> softwares. But I have some doubt about the real tempo synchronization.
> >
> > as stated, it only synchronizes the framecount.
> > netjack2 seems to do complete tempo synchronisation, but i dont know
> > if its latency compensated. and i also had somebody reporting,
> > that it just fails with an assert triggered.
> >

> are you running on 64bit?
> Still no tempo sync, but the new release of seq24 fixes this:
>
> [...]
> Fixed Bugs
> * Fixed BPM saving on 64 bit platforms."
> [...]
>
> Have a look at this post:
>
> http://www.nabble.com/-ANN--seq24-0.9.0-%28Rejoicing-Rika%29-is-out-td20740927.html
> )

Well I was using this version of seq24. But what does "Fixed BPM saving"
means ?? I don't really understand.
You know, in seq24 there is 3 options :
Jack Tranposrt
Master Jack
Master Conditionnal
I was the slave. So in my mind, and logically, I checked "Jack Transport"
and that's all. Because I am slave I don't need the Master options.
But when my friend pressed the play button on his seq24, my "timeline
indicator" on the top rigth of the windows in seq24, was disabled. Jack
Transport was rolling, but seq24 didn't want to.
The only way to make it run is to choose Jack Transport and Master Jack.
I think this is a bug in seq24
Cheers,
Mysth-R

--