[LAU] Fedora Core 9, Planet CCRMA, and PulseAudio

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Sat Dec 13 20:21:41 EST 2008

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 21:38:59 -0600
The Other <theother1510 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> And Joe, don't do a total uninstall of everything PulseAudio.  I tried
> that and had to do a complete reinstall of Fedora 10 and of Fedora 9,
> as Nigel said someone else did.  Removing PulseAudio in total borks
> Fedora.

I did the Fedora 9 installation this afternoon, I've now got the Planet
working great.  I disabled PulseAudio by removing the alsa-plugins-pulseaudio
RPM, and used the rpmfusion.org (formerly livna) repositories for the
useful stuff like video player and MP3 support.

Got the NVidia drivers built against the 2.6.24.7-1 RT kernel painlessly
too, and my Ardour 2.7.1 build is chugging along fine.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com