[LAU] : tons of delay of 5667.000 usecs exceeds estimated spare time of 5298.000; restart ...

torbenh at gmx.de torbenh at gmx.de
Tue Dec 16 12:23:36 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 05:31:44PM +0100, Mysth-R wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just bought a Native Instrument Audio Kontrol 1 Usb2 and I got some
> strange problems with it.
>
> I made some test. Some times it works perfectly, and other times I got this
> type of messages in qjackctl : delay of 5667.000 usecs exceeds estimated
> spare time of 5298.000; restart ...

please always post your jackd commandline in such cases.

> It doesn't seem to directly affect the sound. I am running a 2.6.25.8-rt7
> kernel with Jack-0.116.1
> I don't really understand what happens.
>
> Some other times the sound become totally crappy.

sound like your using an USB device with 2 periods/buffer.
usb devices require 3 periods/buffer.

At least with old alsa.
I am beginning to have the feeling its fixed for newer alsa.
seems to work ok, on a 2.6.27 vanilla kernel.

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language