[LAU] Solved (I hope) Fedora Core 9, Planet CCRMA, and PulseAudio

The Other theother1510 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 17 09:04:21 EST 2008

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-12-14 at 15:20 -0600, The Other wrote:
>> The Other wrote:
>>> Then I looked into the /etc/pulse/default.pa file, and went into the
>>> ### Load Audio Drivers section and put in this:
>>>
>>> load-module module-alsa-sink
>>> load-module module-alsa-source device=hw:1,0
>
> One more caveat... the load of kernel modules is done now in parallel
> (if I understand things correctly so that the boot process is faster).
>
> That can have the unfortunate side effect that the order of the
> soundcards is not necessarily always the same... check the Planet CCRMA
> pages, there are instructions there on how to solve that.
>
> -- Fernando

I found your post of September 17, 2008 entitled [Fedora-music-list]
sound card order in fc9.  These are the instructions you are referring to?

I'll check them out tonight.

This may explain why my device=hw:[Audigy2] lines didn't work after a
reboot.  I changed it to device=hw:1,0 and that seemed to work.

cat /proc/asound/cards currently shows:
0 [Audigy2]
1 [I82801BAICH2]

But this may be a lucky selection of cards when I rebooted, as you're
stating.  Oh well, I thought I had this fixed.

As I said, later tonight I'll go through your references.

Thanks Fernando,
Stephen.