[LAU] embedded devices for audio

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Fri Dec 19 01:27:35 EST 2008

Brad Fuller wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 10:38 AM, Patrick Shirkey
> <pshirkey at boosthardware.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6:18:06 pm 12/18/08 "Nathanael Anderson" <wirelessdreamer at gmail.com>
>>
>> At the moment I just want to get Android up and running so I can tweak it
>> from there. A it can now also be installed on the iphone (at least in
>> console mode) it has the potential to make a great future proofed platform.
>>

> I'm wondering why you want to use Android. It isn't the complete Linux
> platform. What I mean is that while it includes the Linux kernel,  it
> doesn't include glibc (for instance). Why not just use the complete
> gnu toolchain for arm? That would seem to be your better choice. So,
> you must have some other goal?

I didn't realise that it was missing glibc. That's a major drawback.

The main incentive behind using Android is that the dev platform
integrated pretty nicely which makes it a lot easier to work with.

I have looked into a couple of other options but it's hard to get into them.

If you have any suggestions I would love to know about them.

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.