[LAU] band in a box alternative

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Thu Dec 25 16:46:35 EST 2008

Not exactly sure what you are trying to do ... but, MMA is not designed
for looping. But, it is pretty easy to put some repeat/repeatend markers
in MMA source and have that loop ... send me mail if you need more MMA help.

I just did a brief test with MMA and timidity --loop ... and yes, this
doesn't work. There is a pause in the playing even though the MMA
generated midi is exactly (in this case) 2 bars long.

However, I know I helped someone else get looping with seq24 working.
The trick was to use the SYNCHRONIZE options in MMA to force all the
tracks to the same length. Reports I received back were positive.

Send me PM if you need or help, or visit the MMA forum (there is a link
on the main mma web page).

Hope this helps.

--
  **** Listen to my CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****