[LAU] jackd capture problem

Andras Simon szajmi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 15:15:00 EST 2008

[I sent this off-list first, sorry!]

On 12/30/08, Adam Sampson <ats at offog.org> wrote:
> "Andras Simon" <szajmi at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> It's probably not a mixer problem, because I do hear what's coming in,
>> it just doesn't seem to enter jackd's world.
>
> Cards like that usually have an option in the mixer to choose which
> input you want to record from (line in, microphone, etc.); make sure
> it's set correctly.

Ah! After reading Julien's message, I played a bit more with
alsamixer, and finally I thought I set it correctly, because I was
able to arecord. But appearently not! I got the hisses (with
rakarrack) because it was set to capture, but not from line-in! (Why
arecord worked is a mystery to me.) But now that you mentioned it, I
see that one can indeed choose the source; and now it all seems to
work!

Thanks a lot!

Andras