[LAU] jackd process can't be killed

R Dicaire kritek at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 16:20:11 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 3:42 PM, Adam Sampson <ats at offog.org> wrote:

> This looks like the 2.6.26 MIDI sequencer problem -- MIDI doesn't work,
> and after jackd has opened the sequencer device for the first time,
> it'll hang trying to close it. Future attempts to open the sequencer
> device then fail because it's in use.

Ahhhhhhhh, I was never aware there was a midi issue...jackd could be
killed when I didn't use -X, excellent.
Thank you VERY much.

Now here's another situation. I've built alsa and jack. I installed
them into custom locations. In my users .asoundrc
I have a pcm device that calls the jack plugin. How would I get calls
to this plugin to use my custom built
/usr/local/alsa/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_jack.so instead of
the system one in /usr/lib/alsa-lib ?

--
aRDy Music and Rick Dicaire present:
http://www.ardynet.com