[LAU] ongoing saga of jackd, alsa jack plugin, skype, and flash in firefox

R Dicaire kritek at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 20:16:25 EST 2008

Hi folks

In my continuing quest to get skype and flash to use alsa's jack
plugin, here's what I've achieved so far.
I've built current jack and alsa, defined a custom PCM device in
.asoundrc, configured skype to use that device, and now this works
without crashing jackd.

I didn't have as much luck with flash though. I defined default PCM to
use the same slave as the skype PCM uses, and in qjackctl I see
attempts by the jack plugin to connect to jackd while viewing a
youtube video, but a connection doesn't seem to be maintained, and no
sound is heard. While this isn't critical for me as I don't go to
youtube anyway, I was hoping this would have been a good test of using
the jack plugin as a default PCM.

Anyone else been successful in using the jack plugin as a default
device and getting flash audio to use it?

--
aRDy Music and Rick Dicaire present:
http://www.ardynet.com