[LAU] ongoing saga of jackd, alsa jack plugin, skype, and flash in firefox

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Wed Dec 31 04:35:32 EST 2008

"R Dicaire" <kritek at gmail.com> writes:

> Anyone else been successful in using the jack plugin as a default
> device and getting flash audio to use it?

I can only tell about me using gnash, the free flash player.

My pulseaudio is a JACK client and everything works well. All ALSA
apps go through pulseaudio, which is a normal JACK client, so
everything is jackified. You should never use the JACK ALSA plugin,
because it's crap; always has been and probably always will be. No
application should be using the ALSA API directly.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m