[LAU] Call for Participation: International Counting Track

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Tue Dec 30 20:16:56 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 05:41:45PM +0100, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-12-22 at 14:36 +0000, Gordon JC Pearce MM3YEQ wrote:
>
> > > and only recently thought: How much more interesting would that be with
> > > many people, in several languages!
> >
> > Been done...
> >
> > eins zwei drei fier funf sechs seiben acht
> > ONE TWO
> > ovil dah tri
> >
> > Krafty devils that they are... ;-)
>
> There's Kraftwerk's Numbers and I vaguely recall that there was a song
> on the Eurovision Song Contest (back when it had a name that I wouldn't
> be able to reproduce without copy-paste :) where the text was just
> counting.
>
> Such a simple concept can't be new, but I'm sure the way this shall come
> together and the final result will be rather unlike anything that
> happened before ;)

This discussion reminded me of a Kraftwerk cover done by a former cow-orker almost a decade ago:

 http://www.creth.com/media/trax/home-computer-heavy-kraft-warning.mp3

It wasn't done in Linux, but I figured some on this list might relate to it :-)

Besides the Senor Coconut album, this is my favorite Kraftwerk cover.

-ken