[LAU] Freebob problem with M-Audio Firewire Solo breakout box

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Sat Feb 2 16:04:37 EST 2008

Hi,

Am Samstag, 2. Februar 2008 schrieb Hartmut Noack:
> verymeta at riseup.net schrieb:
> > $ jackd -d freebob
> > without the Solo plugged in, Jack won't start.

You want jack to use the device and wonder that jack wont start when the
device is not there???

> > But if the Solo is
> > plugged in Jack will start, and I get the messages:
> > JACK compiled with System V SHM support.
> > SSE2 detected
> > Freebob using Firewire port 0, node -1
> > libiec61883 warning: Established connection on channel 0.
> > You may need to manually set the channel on the receiving node.
> > libiec61883 warning: Established connection on channel 1.
> > You may need to manually set the channel on the receiving node.

These messages are not directly from freebob but from some library-level
below. And they mean nothing, at least nothing freebob is concerned about.

> > Also, I don't know if this is meaningful in any way, but when I open
> > qjackctl and go to setup, the 'input device', 'output device', 'input
> > channels', and 'output channels' drop-down boxes are greyed out.
> the greyed out options do not apply to the freebob backend, if there is
> something to set, freebob does it.

The same applies to the other backends jack has: QJackCtl shows the boxes only
if the backend supports the options...

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/