[LAU] Converting OpenSuse 10.3 to JAD

Bengt Gördén bengan at kthnoc.net
Mon Feb 11 06:37:57 EST 2008

Den Sunday 10 February 2008 20.02.02 skrev Christian Delahousse:
> There is a guide
> (http://wiki.jacklab.net/index.php/3_Steps_to_JAD_for_Beginners) on
> how to convert Suse10.2 to jad, but I'm afraid of compatibility issues
> since my version is 10.3 and I don't know if the techniques described
> there transfer over. Furthermore, I snooped around the Jacklab
> repository and found a OpenSuse 10.3 folder, but as soon as I added
> it, I got a warning from YaST telling me the description file was
> broken... or something.

OpenSUSE 10.3 already has a rt-kernel. I haven't tried it myself but you might
want to try that one if you have trouble downgrading to 10.2. After that you
probably want to include PAM, jack and qjackctl as the beginners guide for
10.2 says. You might also want to have a look at the PAM-page at jacklab.

ref.
http://wiki.jacklab.net/index.php/3_Steps_to_JAD_for_Beginners
http://wiki.jacklab.net/index.php/PAM_for_rtprios

/bengan