[LAU] ffado tools and presonus firebox

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Mon Feb 11 17:39:16 EST 2008

Am Montag, 11. Februar 2008 schrieb Hartmut Noack:
> I recently have taken the effort installing ffado from SVN on Ubuntu
> Studio. My Presonus works quite OKayish with freeBoB but I cannot set
> the sync to external via S/PDIF - unfortunately it looks, like ffado
> does not offer any method to set this either. As I try to start the
> ffadomixer it says, my device is not supported :-(

freebob can't sync to external clock-sources. ffado can. Even with the
firepod. But the firepod has no mixer and therefor no gui so far. You need to
use the console-tools that come with ffado.

And then you can select the spdif-in as clock-source on the firepod (I know it
works because here I can sync my firepod to my sblive via spdif), which
enables you to record the spdif input signal.

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---