[LAU] options snd-hda-intel model=WHAT? for VIA VT1708

'2+ electriclightheads at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 09:22:29 EST 2008

i bought an ARTiGO for my audio work
this is a Pico-ITX machine which has VT1708 as its audio chip
yes the trouble making HD-Audio type

searching lots of sited talled me that i should find out the proper
"options snd-hda-intel model=WHAT_I_WANT_TO_KNOW"
in my /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base
some sites even tell me how to find out but that didn't work for this VT1708
does somebody already have an answer?

cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#* | grep Codec
says:

Codec: VIA VIA VT1708

aplay -l
says:

card 0: VT82xx [HDA VIA VT82xx], device 0: VT1708 Analog [VT1708 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: VT82xx [HDA VIA VT82xx], device 1: VT1708 Digital [VT1708 Digital]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

i now have UbuntuHardyAlpha4 installed
and ALSA works kind of beautiful
but Jack doesn't make sound even though jackd and apps doesn't blame me anything
alsamixer comes out in a kind of no PCM detedted(?) way
the fader is there but there isn't 00 nor MM appearing under "PCM"

tia

--
'2+
http://micro.ispretty.com