[LAU] music apps scripts

Raphael Bollen raphael.bollen at ampcobelgium.be
Tue Feb 12 01:27:14 EST 2008

Hi,

I wrote a python script some time ago that is able to do what you ask and maybe more... There is no manual but I can answer questions if needed.

features:

 - stop and restart services (i.e.: you don't want mysql running when doing audio but you need it back after)
 - kill running applications (i.e.: I kill my browser if it's running, I stop kontact, ...)
 - launch pexpect scripts (i.e.: to change some config settings in your system) see: http://www.noah.org/wiki/Pexpect (I include my audio_irq.py script as example of what you can do. Obviously it needs to match your system.)
 - launch audio applications with delays in between
 - run cleaning commands when all audio apps are closed (i.e.: restart your browser)

Basic usage is:

edit the example.conf file to match what you want to do. The file is documented clearly (hopefully!)

then launch the script:

python sss.py -v -f example.conf

using different .conf files you can start different sets of applications.

Since it's quite small, I think I can attach the file here.

--
Raphaël.