[LAU] music apps scripts
raphael.bollen at ampcobelgium.be
Tue Feb 12 01:27:14 EST 2008
> -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
> Van: Studio 32
> Verzonden: dinsdag 12 februari 2008 12:02
> Aan: linux-audio-user at lists.linuxaudio.org
> Onderwerp: [LAU] music apps scripts
> I'm using Debian testing with fluxbox.
> I often wants to start several programs to make music... For
> example: jack + jack-rack or jack + jack-rack + ardour2 + hydrogen.
> How can I make a script to start several programs in a
> particular order, with the right jack/alsa/midi settings?
> Are there scripts available?
I wrote a python script some time ago that is able to do what you ask and maybe more... There is no manual but I can answer questions if needed.
- stop and restart services (i.e.: you don't want mysql running when doing audio but you need it back after)
- kill running applications (i.e.: I kill my browser if it's running, I stop kontact, ...)
- launch pexpect scripts (i.e.: to change some config settings in your system) see: http://www.noah.org/wiki/Pexpect (I include my audio_irq.py script as example of what you can do. Obviously it needs to match your system.)
- launch audio applications with delays in between
- run cleaning commands when all audio apps are closed (i.e.: restart your browser)
Basic usage is:
edit the example.conf file to match what you want to do. The file is documented clearly (hopefully!)
then launch the script:
python sss.py -v -f example.conf
using different .conf files you can start different sets of applications.
Since it's quite small, I think I can attach the file here.
> Thanks in advance,
> Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today
> it's FREE!
> Linux-audio-user mailing list
> Linux-audio-user at lists.linuxaudio.org
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 3460 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/attachments/20080212/4cc7aec4/attachment.obj
More information about the Linux-audio-user