[LAU] ffado tools and presonus firebox

Pieter Palmers pieterp at joow.be
Wed Feb 13 13:14:04 EST 2008

Hartmut Noack wrote:

> Pieter Palmers schrieb:
>> Hartmut Noack wrote:
>
>> released will hopefully accelerate vendor support for us. Unfortunately
>> for you Presonus is not on the 'supportive vendors' list yet.
>
> But afaik from the presonus-forum they do not seem too be hostile so
> maybe they tend to change their policy - there are some Linux-users on
> their forum that advocate for Linux support
They are not hostile, but rather ignorant. They promised to help out,
but every time I ask them about it they put me on hold.

>> as I mentioned before, our current strategy is to focus on devices that we
>> have access to, in order to get things moving.
>
> Would it be helpfull if I'd send you my box so you can test it and/or
> give it some careful surgery to find out, how it works? I plan to buy
> another interface by may and you could have the box in june for 4-6
> weeks then...
It's better than nothing of course, but in this case it won't help a
lot. Presonus implemented some non-standard way of setting the
samplerate, and without their help it's cumbersome to figure out.

So I'd rather have them helping out. In any case, the vendors that did
provide the stuff we need have priority, and as long as their devices
aren't well supported I don't think about less cooperative vendors' devices.

Greets,

Pieter