[LAU] Linux guitar amplifier simulator

Paul Coccoli pcoccoli at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 12:55:29 EST 2008

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 10:46 PM, Christian Delahousse
<christian.delahousse at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I was just wondering what software was available to me for guitar amp
>  simulation? Is there a guide that explains what to do?

First, get to know Jack: http://jackaudio.org.  Install it and
QJackCtl (linked to from the Jack page).  Then install jack-rack
(http://jack-rack.sourceforge.net/) and the CAPS LADSPA plugin package
(http://quitte.de/dsp/caps.html).  The CAPS site then tells you what
plugins to load in jack-rack:

http://quitte.de/dsp/caps.html#GimmeASetupAlready

Using QJackCtl, connect the capture port your guitar is connected to
to the jack-rack inputs and the jack-rack outputs to the playback
ports corresponding to your hardware outputs.  Then play the main riff
to "Smoke on the Water" over and over again.

There are other hosts you can use, but jack-rack is the simplest.