[LAU] guitartuner

Studio 32 32studio at live.com
Sat Feb 16 06:42:18 EST 2008

> From: brummer- at web.de
> To: linux-audio-user at lists.linuxaudio.org
> Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 11:51:50 +0100
> Subject: Re: [LAU] guitartuner
>
> Am Mittwoch, 13. Februar 2008 16:42:31 schrieb Studio 32:
>> Ok, Is there a *.deb package of it? How should I install it otherwise on
>> Debian?
>>
>> dirk
>
> If you run debian/sid you can find a .deb at my website.
> http://www.brummer.de.hm/unstable.html
>
> If you run debian/stable you can download qjacktuner with the following comand
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.qjacktuner.berlios.de:/cvsroot/qjacktuner co
> qjacktuner

Thanks, I installed it on my debian testing/unstable mixed system....

> Why I like it ?
> Well, qjacktuner running fine with jackd, thats important for me. fmit give me
> a lot of xrun's, and it have a uncomfortable overview for me. qjacktuner is
> what the name say. It's a simple tuner, just connect it and it will show you
> your tune. easy, simple, small. nothing more to say, no manpage needed. xrun
> free and low on cpu useage. I am let it run the most time when I make
> session.
>
> But, this is only my feeling,     hermann

Fmit seems not to work right on my system. I suppose that the green line (cents) should move when I play a tone.... But only tone stablity is given!?!? The green line does nothing.... And you're right, fmit crashes a lot in combi with jackd....

Dirk