[LAU] Windows Midi GM Wavetable Synth

N. Gey ilfhi at gmx.de
Mon Feb 18 17:55:14 EST 2008

Hello list,

I'm a linux audio user for quite some time now and in general everything
is fine.
But for some reasons I want to use the standard Windows XP General Midi
Samples, known as "GM Synth" or something like this in my linux
enviroment. I posses a legally bought XP version and want to use it for
privat purpose only, so all I ask is a technical thing.

Do you know a way to extract and transform the XP bank?

greetings

Nils
Cologne, Germany

P.S.
Yes I know there a plenty of free and good GM-banks out there, but
sometimes you just get used to some sounds.