[LAU] X, gnome-panel, jackd, ardour/rosegarden weirdness

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Fri Jan 4 07:13:21 EST 2008

On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 10:33:31AM +0100, hollunder at gmx.at wrote:

> Sounds a bit similar to the problems quite some ubuntuusers, including
> me, are experiencing on logout time. Once I hit the button nothing
> responds to clicks or anything anymore, but I can still move the mouse,
> until, after a few minutes, the logout dialogue appears and everything
> works as expected from there on.

And this sounds similar to a problem I have on my laptop running F7:
each time I select a network profile using the Gnome network config
app, gdm will hang for some minutes when booting and on each login
and logout. It appears to be waiting for a response from a DNS, heaven
knows why it needs that. Cupsd hangs as well when booting, apparently
for the same reason.

So I've stopped using the Gnome network config app, and just copy
the required ifcfg-eth1-*** to ifcfg-eth1, then ifup eth1.

--
FA

Parma, Italia

Lascia la spina, cogli la rosa.