[LAU] What Price Interoperability (OpenDAW, revisited)

Rob lau at kudla.org
Sun Jan 20 15:46:06 EST 2008

On Sunday 20 January 2008 15:17, David Baron wrote:
> What are you doing with Rosegarden files? Some of us might want to
> share your success :-)

Well, I would use the past tense; this was on my old laptop a few
years ago.

At the time, I was doing some scaling and quantizing of note
velocities that RG couldn't do for me, and I knew that by the time I
figured out how to write what I wanted in C++, the version I wrote my
patch against would be obsolete (having had that happen with features
I hacked into gqview, gambas and a few other apps.)  In all truth, RG
was probably the wrong tool to be using for the type of music I was
composing that week.

I don't know where the scripts are now (the last time I used one of
them seems to have been Sept. 2006, to max out all the velocities of
a MIDI file I wanted to use as a ringtone), but I'm sure if I looked
at an RG file again, at least some of it would come back to me.

Rob