[LAU] bassguitar

Loki Davison loki.davison at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 03:17:10 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 5:04 PM, Martin Horn <martin.horn at ostec.org> wrote:
> Where are you buying from?
>
> There is a czech company named BACH Guitars. The gits are really cheap and
> at least as good as the typical Harley Bentons and even the Epiphones you
> can buy on Thomann. I bought a 335 copy from them for 300 Euro and its
> really good quality. Shure the pickups are not the best, but for the price
> the wood and mechanics are really good quality. I think better than an
> Epiphone 335 copy. I don't know about the basses but I would give it a try.
> You can buy a bassgit on ebay and send it back if you don't like it. The
> best would be to go there and check out for the best guitar in stock but the
> guy selling them lives in south of east germany and I don't know where
> you're coming from...
>
> Just check it out:
>
> http://search.ebay.de/_W0QQsassZhomophonieQQhtZ-1
>
> Martin
>

> On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 11:18 AM, schoappied <schoappied at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm searching for an (second hand) cheap bassguitar. Do you have
>> suggestions for me? Which brands are 'good' in a low price class?
>> Where should I be alert for when buying one?
>> What about a amplifier? Do I need one, or can I  play it using Linux?
>>

>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> /D

Bass shopping guide:

Just try one at a pawn shop, etc and if you like it buy it. Reviews,
etc on the net are a waste of time usually. It's how it is for you,
not someone else. Not saying the reviews are a good source of making
you feel better about the bass you bought ;) Of course, maybe if you
are looking for an instrument, you can't go wrong with a Fender P or J
Bass. It's really not that much money in the whole computer music $$$.
It's also a nice simple instrument that does the job at hand. I play a
washburn tarus t24 that i am very happy with and is quite cheap. $650.

Loki