[LAU] LADSPA Vocoder plugin

Gordon JC Pearce gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Wed Jul 2 18:54:03 EDT 2008

For a while I've been using the sirlabs.de vocoder plugin:

http://www.sirlab.de/linux/descr_vocoder.html

But it has some problems, notably expecting two inputs but only offering
one output.  There was a patch on linuxrockstar which gave it two
outputs, but something seemed a bit lacking, still.

An evening of hacking and here we have it:

http://www.gjcp.net/~gordonjcp/vocoder.tar.bz2

It's hard-set to eight bands, all with the same level.  There's a
bandspread control to alter the frequency spacing of the partials, and a
width control to vary the stereo effect where odd bands go to the left
output and even bands go to the right output.

Give it a go and let me know how you get on.

Gordon