[LAU] Large live recrodings ?

Kjetil S. Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Sat Jul 12 09:26:18 EDT 2008

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008, Svend-Erik Kjær Madsen wrote:

> I know but I said "propper set up" your example isn't propper setup in
> my eyes. If I wanted to allow another app to be able to run once in a
> while I wouldn't give it a nice parameter at all, but let it fit in when
> the system allow it to.

I wonder if you may be confusing realtime priority with normal priority?
"nice" (which controls normal priority programs) doesn't prevent other
apps from running once in a while. I also doubt if setting
audio apps to run -10 makes any difference... Ideally, it should not.
In fact, programs should probably set their priority themselves.
When the user overrides priority settings it could cause less ideal
scheduling.