[LAU] Delta 44 slow playback

Juan Aboites jaboit at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 13:53:08 EDT 2008

Hello List,

I'm on 64studio 2.1 using a Delta 44 and not getting playback at the
proper speed using ALSA. Setting different sample rates in the ENVY24
control increases or decreases playback speed when playing files via
Amarok or Audacity. 48000 is close to where it should be, but still too
slow; 44100 is extremely slow; 88200 is extremely fast and choppy, etc.
Recording and playback is perfect though when I'm using the card with
Ardour/Jack. I've disabled my mb's onboard sound device and even
increased the PCI latency setting in my BIOS.

I'm not sure what else to do. Anyone have any ideas?
  Many thanks in advance

Juan