[LAU] debian realtime kernel config 2.6.25.8.rt7

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Sun Jul 13 15:38:48 EDT 2008

On Monday 07 July 2008 23:31:30 Giuseppe Zompatori wrote:
> 2008/7/7 Emanuel Rumpf <xbran at web.de>:
> > I thought, it would probably help some of you, if I uploaded
> > my rt-config for a 2.6.25.8 realtime kernel (debian system).
>
> <snip>
>
> > tar xfj patch-2.6.25.8-rt7.bz2
> > zcat ../config.gz > ./.config
>
> </snip>
>
> You can use those compressed files directly/in-line by using the z/bz
> prefixed version of cat, i.e.:
>
> bzcat ../patch-2.6.25.8-rt7.bz2 | patch -p1
>
>Did all that, worked like a charm:

>1. realtime apparently cannot be set to be modularized as in previous
>versions. WIll NOT accept:
>CONFIG_SECURITY_CAPABILITIES=m
>CONFIG_REALTIME_CAPABILITIES=m

>but insists on CONG_SECURITY_CAPABILITIES=y

realtime-lsm may no longer be valid for 2.6.25 kernels--debian has no prepared
modules beyond 2.6.23.
I have not objection to rlimits but cannot find this. How does one install/use
this?

>2. My old nvidia driver will not compile. I can check back on their site for
>an upgrade but this is for an older mx400 card!

Debian's legacy 96xx did build up and install after a fashion. Have not tried
it yet.. In the past, I got half the frame rate using debian's versions. I did
not install the debian nvidia libglx.so at this point and I guard nvidia's on
every xorg upgrade. May not work with the debian driver, however.

Without rlimits, I will not use 2.6.25 kernel anyway.