[LAU] monitor shot, need advice for a new one

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 15:26:31 EDT 2008

Nahh, you'll be fine with VGA. No question this new montir, set up
correctly, will have a better display than any of your older monitors.
I've not used DVI/HDMI under Linux so I cannot comment on that. I
suspect the graphics adapter senses a monitor at the end of the cable
and routes video where ever it can. Under Windows I have tools to
mirror desktops or run separate desktops on the two monitors. I
suspect all that exists in X11 but haven't ever used it myself.

Good luck,
Mark