[LAU] monitor shot, need advice for a new one

Loki Davison loki.davison at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 19:22:47 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 1:22 AM, Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> wrote:
> Hey Mark,
>
> I forgot to mention that I'm running it with the VGA connection. Should
> I line myself up against the wall now ? ;)
>
> Actually, thanks to Loki's remarks I'm kind of interested in the DVI
> now. My video card has the output, but I need a cable. Is there any
> other special consideration to make when going DVI ?
>
> Best,
>
> dp

Well, it automagically does everything for you with size, location etc
then which is nice, and it is clearer. Also a dvi cable costs $5 so
it's not a big issue. It is nicer. No setup is required as it's the
standard way to do it now days. Remember that HDMI and DVI have
nothing in common. Lots of people keep mentioning HDMI which is the
weird arse encrypyed dodgy one.  :) Try both and tell me if you can
see the difference. With cards/screens i've tried it's a pretty huge
difference but i'm not sure if some of the guys using VGA connectors
have A/Bed. Audio guys should know that extra ad/da for no reason is a
bad thing.

Loki