[LAU] monitor shot, need advice for a new one

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sun Jul 13 16:19:01 EDT 2008

Arnold Krille wrote:
> There is no system-overhead from re-calculating the pixels. Its done by the
> screen itself. But it usually looks ugly, so it is best to use the fixed
> maximum resolution of the flat-panel. Even if you set the base font size to
> bigger values. (Makes you find bad ui design in apps...)
I discovered that quickly enough. It's now at its maximum resolution, I
must say it's pretty nice, especially for movies. Ardour looked great on
it too, but I notice some "shimmering" on some other things. I'm still
playing with the contrast and some other controls to find the best settings.

Btw, how is the EDID accessed by the driver ? I mean, is it supposed to
reside in a certain place, do I have to load it, or whatever ? Is it
important to me ?

Best,

dp