[LAU] Hardware: elektr piano / keyboard

R.Wolff musicwolf at web.de
Sun Jul 13 17:40:30 EDT 2008

Depending on which instrument (genre) you want to focus. If you're longing for
keys mainly (Piano, E-Piano, Rhode, Wurli a B3 maybe), and synth secondly, I
think I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this M-Audio KB. It has 88 keys (which I
wish mine would have :( ), I guess the 'touch' would be half-decent at last. The
'Pro-88' has quite good keys IMHO. But be sure you get a second series model.
The first had some problems physical with the keyboard/keys.
If you'd be more interested in synth stuff, the Radium/Oxygen KB could be a
better choice, as they give you extended functionality for tweaking, automation
writing 'n stuff. I extended my synth with a Behringer BCR2000, which is a
really cool controller. Also use it for QSynth, Freewheeling, Ardour and other
instruments/FX/editors under 64 Studio (32-bit).
Anyway, with Thomann I never had the slightest problem. You can send back the
stuff you don't like within  2 weeks at last.

Cheers
Raphael ;)