[LAU] e-piano

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki eric at zhevny.com
Mon Jul 14 17:55:34 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 09:43:37PM +0800, Ray Rashif wrote:
>    Yamaha does wonders in this area..DGX620. Weighted 88 keys, fun to play; a
>    piano with effects but uhh..not a piano. On the higher side of the dollar
>    scale is the P series, though the P-140 is quite a jump from P70 which may
>    be around the cost of the DGX..arghhh I can't remember really. What I can
>    remember is that P-140's sound is superb, I mean you can actually play and
>    tell that what you're playing on is something of quality - like you know
>    it's good wine, the real deal, the shiat. Look - I am no pianist. If I
>    could tell the difference, it really means something.
>
>    So looking at Yamaha's offerings, I'd pick the DGX because it's the most
>    versatile of the lot (well, weighted is about the only feature of a piano
>    it has). You get quality from the Ps, but not the functions of a keyboard
>    (dunno about the 70 but 140 does have MIDI out). Well, good luck.

I've long wanted to get a yamaha cp300. Of all those I've played it
feels really, really good to me and sounds great. But, it was more than
I wanted to spend so I settled for the casio px-310 (now replaced by
px-320). The casio feels pretty good for the price compared to other
stuff in that price range. The sound is also pretty good. But, having
played and heard something better (the cp300) I'm always a little
disappointed when I sit down in front of it.

-Eric Rz.

believed to be clean.