[LAU] [ARDOUR] Way of sorting tracks in Mixer and Tracks Views

Aurelien orl at ammd.net
Tue Jul 15 03:08:05 EDT 2008

Hello,

I'm currently working on a huge project[1] with about 150 tracks at the end
(recorded by bunches of 24).
[1] for me, at least!

I've created a model with those 150 tracks, but the fact is that some
instruments (10-15 max) don't play on some tunes, and I prefer to delete
the related tracks so that it is more readable.
Please note that there are 24 Tracks "active" and a bit more "viewable",
and the same 24 tracks are viewable in Mixer View, on which there also
is busses (6).

As I delete a track (in the Tracks View), the sorting of the tracks
totally change in both of the view, and I can't figure out how it
changes. I didin't find any logics behind this, even if I suppose it is
the case.
Worse: when I sort the tracks manually in order in the tracks view, it
doesn't put them in the same order on the mixer, as the busses are
viewable from the mixer but not from the Track View. And I finally
cannot get an ordered sort in one and the other.

Could someone give me a trick about it?

I use ardour 2.4.1 on a Debian Lenny/64 Studio (ardour comes from
64studio).

Thank you.

--
ORL /// AMMD Booking (www.ammd.net)