[LAU] Hardware: elektr piano / keyboard

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Thu Jul 31 05:33:24 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 10:54:41AM +0200, Schoap D wrote:

> But there is also a electronic cable which is broken at the end... but I
> don't know what it is. Are there some engineers here who can tell?

Almost the same happened with mine.

The round white things is not an electrical component at all,
it's just part of the way the two side panels are attached to
the top metal plate. This construction is used to avoid having
screws visible on the outside. The wire is just the ground
connection of the case.

As you can see the white plastic part is broken, so the top
plate will now not be supported fully and may end up too close
to the keys.

IIRC there are four of these, two at each side, one front one
back. I removed both of the front ones (one of them was broken,
as yours), and replaced them with two screws that are visible
from the outside, but provide a much more solid solution.
I found black screws with a rather small amd rounded top,
so it still looks good. If you don't know, you'd say this
was the original construction.

Ciao,

--
FA