[LAU] JACK with many soundcards

Adrien DANIEL adrien.daniel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 10:30:57 EDT 2008

Nick and Arnold,

Ok, so as you say jitter is too much important to use the solution
given by Paul to my first post : using two different soundcards as
input and output. Hence it is not possible, as I thought, to use the
built-in (often low-quality and noisy, though) soundcard of a laptop
computer, for example, as output. Ok, thank you. I precise that it was
just an interrogation (about a potential commercial use), I personally
use a single soundcard in full-duplex for my guitar.

So, the solution would be a bit more complicated, but resembles what I
proposed in my second post with USB : Firewire ADC for each
instrument, and a Firewire DAC, such that everyone is kept
synchronized. And I suppose that the number of Firewire ADC is also
very limited by the number of Firewire busses.

Thanks,
Adrien