[LAU] looking for alternatives to ac3jack, because it just won't build

Eric Steinberg eric.steinberg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 01:45:46 EDT 2008

DUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WORKS BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!
This is running with no xruns on an HP D330ST with 1.5 g RAM, Hardy Heron,
linux-rt package, Edirol UA-1D usb audio, one toslink cable into a Sony
STR-DE445 receiver.  The front of the receiver indicates 5.1, I can mute
each channel by breaking the connection in Qjackctl's connection panel or in
ac3jack's gui.  Or by checking and unchecking the LFE box.  I have Hydrogen
playing directly into the ac3jack device....Ardour is a little problematic:
I just tried to play a mono file through a six channel bus routed to each
ac3jack input, and it's crashed a couple of times.  I'm gonna try FFADO and
an Echo Audiofire 12 next week, and will report then.  Mare Sea Bow Koo.