[LAU] Crackling in ZynAddSubFX

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 02:37:24 EDT 2008

Peter Lutz wrote:
> thought I'd try ZynAddSubFX since it sounds amazing.

It is an amazing synth indeed.

> The problem I'm
> having is that the sound crackles (that's the best word I can think of
> to describe it) when I play it.

ZynAddSubFx has some fundamental problems with realtime. The original
author has given up on this, but Lats Luthman is working on a fix. In
the mean time you'll have to patch it yourself, patches available here:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=502314&group_id=62934&func=browse

It might be easier to just get 2.2.1 and apply this patch
(that's the patches I use, wrapped up in one file, since I always forget
which ones to apply):

http://atte.dk/download/attes_patches.diff

--
peace, love & harmony