[LAU] dial/knob animations

pete shorthose zenadsl6252 at zen.co.uk
Sun Jun 22 08:12:13 EDT 2008

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 10:25:10 -0400
Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> wrote:

> pete shorthose wrote:
> > Hey Dave. if your build isn't much different to 0.11.1 then something
> > like this should suffice:
> >
> >  wget http://www.zenadsl6252.zen.co.uk/dotknob/spectral-dot-knob_100_frames_31x31.png
> >  sudo cp spectral-dot-knob_100_frames_31x31.png /usr/local/share/phasex/pixmaps/knob.png
> >
> > using which version you prefer and your phasex installation prefix.
> > then, re/start phasex :)
> >
> Worked perfectly, thanks Pete !
>
> Now to do something about that background in Phasex...

background?

i should also remind everyone that phasex benefits from backing store. if you
enable that in your xorg.conf, you will see fewer redraws when moving windows
around etc. (with that many knobs and widgets, it does make a difference,
at least on older systems like my p4 2GHz laptop)

cheers,
pete.