[LAU] MADI (was HDSPe Express Card)

Allan Wind allan_wind at lifeintegrity.com
Wed Jun 25 11:13:03 EDT 2008

On 2008-06-25T09:55:46+0200, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> I got a similar question by private mail regarding the HDSPe MADI
> yesterday. I'm using the HDSP MADI (not the express version), and
> that works very well. For the express, I've no idea.

The question was about the Express Card (aka PCMCIA next gen), no?

How do you hook the MADI card up to AD/DA?  From the diagrams at RME's
web site it seems you have much larger investment in gear to get similar
functionality as a multiface. (i.e. ADI-8 QS with the optional MADI
card, ADI-648 or ADI-6432 + AD/DA converter with AES interface, ADI-646
+ AD/DA covnerter with ADAT).

Are there any non-RME devides with MADI interface?  I did not see any
when I looked at Lavry, Lynx, Prism Sound etc.

/Allan