[LAU] Laptop Sound Adapter for Ripping my Vinyl Album Collection

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Fri Jun 27 17:12:16 EDT 2008

On 27 June 2008 at 18:52, Johannes Mario Ringheim <jri at broadpark.no> wrote:

> For a cheaper solution I'd recommend to get a home amplifier with a good
> RIAA amp,

I could either plug in to the RCA line level output of my system
while playing a phonograph, or I could plug the turntable into my
RIAA amp (by Rolls).

> plug it into some good device with a decent A/D converter and
> SPDIF out (a DAT player, for example), and plug that SPDIF into some
> mid-range soundcard. DAT players and home amps can be bought second hand
> pretty cheaply, and I think this would give a good price vs quality ratio.

Interesting.  I hadn't thought of going that route.  I wonder if I
could get both the used DAT player and a S/PDIF i/o card with a USB
interface for less than the price of just a descent USB connected
audio interface.

Thanks....

--
Kevin