[LAU] Managing a jack audio setup

Thomas Skellund thomas at secretfreund.dk
Wed Mar 5 06:23:48 EST 2008

Thanks Dicaire!

I'm already using the patchbay for quick and dirty pacthing of different
apps, but on-stage as a performing artist i'm in the need of something
different, though.

Imagine a classic VST-plugin setup...
Some mother-application hosts and controls patching, presetting, tempo
and everything on the smaller plugins.

So by saving/loading in the mother-app i can easily operate the complete
setup from one point.

I'm thinking my Jack setup needs the same sort of setup control, but i'm
not sure how to achieve this.

The Jackserver has some transport-controlling. Maybe that's first steps
in the direction i'm talking about. Making the Jack server able to
control behaviour of the connected jack-clients.

thomas