[LAU] Jack+Freebob+Fa-101+ Problems

Ricardo Lobo ricardolobo at audienciazero.org
Sat Mar 8 17:32:02 EST 2008

Hi,

I'm on Ubuntustudio Gutsy. In feisty the FA-101 worked, but now, with
the same settings (except input and output channels, see below) i can't
get the interface to work.

The device appears on Gscanbus and I've added myself to the disk group
which has access to ieee1394 according to the permissions rules.

Still i get this erros starting jack:

Freebob using Firewire port 0, node -1
no response
Error (bebob_light/bebob_light_avdevice.cpp)[1104] enumerateSubUnits:
Subunit info command failed
Error (bebob_light/bebob_light_avdevice.cpp)[96] discover: Could not
enumarate sub units
Root node has no children!
Root node has no children!
FreeBoB ERR: FREEBOB: Error creating virtual device
cannot load driver module freebob
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I don't get it. Can anyone help?

And another question, why is that input and output channels on jack
control are now grayed out when using freebob. This is the only
difference between my old settings and my new settings.

Thanks in advance.

Lobo