[LAU] Jack+Freebob+Fa-101+ Problems

Pieter Palmers pieterp at joow.be
Sun Mar 9 08:07:25 EDT 2008

Ricardo Lobo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm on Ubuntustudio Gutsy. In feisty the FA-101 worked, but now, with
> the same settings (except input and output channels, see below) i can't
> get the interface to work.
>
> The device appears on Gscanbus and I've added myself to the disk group
> which has access to ieee1394 according to the permissions rules.
>
> Still i get this erros starting jack:
>
> JACK compiled with System V SHM support.
> Freebob using Firewire port 0, node -1
> no response
> Error (bebob_light/bebob_light_avdevice.cpp)[1104] enumerateSubUnits:
> Subunit info command failed
> Error (bebob_light/bebob_light_avdevice.cpp)[96] discover: Could not
> enumarate sub units
> Root node has no children!
> Root node has no children!
> FreeBoB ERR: FREEBOB: Error creating virtual device
> cannot load driver module freebob
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> I don't get it. Can anyone help?

As far as I know, there is no reason why gutsy should behave any
different than feisty.

The first thing that pops into my mind regarding the FA101 is that you
should make sure that the samplerate is set correctly on the device,
then power-cycle the device, and then start jack with the correct
samplerate.

Greets,

Pieter